BBM-02 Series - Bus Bar Current Sensor Modules
Bus Bar current sensor modules enable measurement of currents in the large f-bandwidth of DC to 200kHz without an impact of external magnetic fields.
- For DC & AC currents up to 5kA with frequency bandwidth DC – 200kHz
- Small size, very compact and low profile mechanical package
- Easy to assemble structure: its installation does not require an interrupt of the circuit
- Custom design bus bar geometries possible
- +5Vdc unipolar power supply
- High level differential linear signal output-BBM-01
The Senis Bus Bar Current Sensor module BBM-02 is a bus-bar DC and AC current transducer. Attached to a rectangular cross-section current bus-bar, the BBM-02 enables contactless measurement of DC and AC currents in the bus-bar. The BBM-02 incorporates two Hall-effect magnetic field sensors, which shall be located at two opposite sides of a bus bar. The sensors generate an output voltage, which is proportional to the magnetic field produced by the electrical current currying the bus-bar. The signals generated in the two sensors by external magnetic fields are mutually cancelled. The BBM-02 does not contain any ferromagnetic part, so it has no hysteresis. The offset and sensitivity of the BBM-02 are in-factory calibrated.
The current sensitivity and the dynamic response of a current transducer based on the BBM-02 depend on the bus-bar geometry and the position of the BBM-02 relative to the bus bar.