High-end All-in-One Magnetic Field Mapping System MMS-1A-RS
- 3-axis Hall probe for 3D magnetic field measurement
- Magnetic field measurement accuracy: 0.1%
- Selectable measurement ranges: 50mT – 2T
- Probe positioning accuracy: 2μm / 0.02°
- In-situ, automatic calibration
- Eeasy probe interchangeability
- Customizable, user-friendly mapper software
- Scanning volume: 135 x 135 x 135 mm
- Sliding probes available
- SENIS Mappers at Exhibitions
MMS-1A-RS, the high-end version of the SENIS Magnetic Field Mapping System allows users to perform a fast, high resolution mapping of magnetic field around an permanent magnets, electromagnets and electronic circuit PCBs. The map of the magnetic field can be presented as color coded 2D or 3D isometric visual display on a PC screen and as a table of numerical values of the magnetic field (each component Bx, By, Bz, Bxy, Btot, etc.). Due to unique features of the applied fully integrated Hall probe (Si-chip), all three components of the magnetic field are measured simultaneously at virtually same point (field sensitive area is within a 150µm square). Optionally, a Hall probe can provide up to three selectable magnetic field measuring ranges. The mapping system is controlled by an extremely easy-to-use-software built on MS Windows platform and LabVIEW. Scanning profiles and measured data visualization are fully customizable.
At a measurement start, the Hall probe moves automatically to its “Home position”. The coordinates of the “Home position” are stored relative to the mapper coordinate system that is defined by linear encoders on all three movement axes. An autonomous motion control unit allows for the simultaneous control of four axes (X, Y, Z-linear modules and rotation stage). It allows a fast probe positioning with the highest accuracy and repeatability.
A Touch Sensor (Tactile Sensor prevents probe damage. It serves as an emergency stop provision, which is triggered whenever an object is touched by the probe during the measurement process. Optionally, the touch sensor can be used as an easy-to-use CMM (coordinate measurement machine) for dimensional measurements of objects under test and for the absolute magnet positioning.
The MMS-1A-RS mapper software allows an automated scanning procedure for QA inspection tests. The user with the Administrator permissions can set-up an automatic measurement profile (scanning path, visualisation and reports), so that the testOperator only needs to start the pre-defined measurement. The software can be started with a permission setup (the login can be password protected). Permission roles of the administrator and operators can be individually set.
- Maximal Scanning volume (X x Y x Z):
- standard: 135 x 135 x 135mm3
- optional: 500 x 500 x 135mm3
- Scanning speed: adjustable, up to 100 mm/s
- Linear encoders with the zero point detection for motor control feedback for X-, Y-, and Z-linear modules
- Scanning spatial resolution for linear modules: 1µm (Repeatability: 2µm)
- Point-to-point and continuous (on-the-fly) scanning
- Absolute magnet positioning utilizing Tactile (Touch) Sensor (CMM Option)
- Rotary stage with the encoder (0.022° resolution;0.04° repeatability) and zero position detection
- Multi-jaw scroll chuck as a precise magnet holder
- Protection cabinet for a safe operation (CE compatibility)
- 3-axis fully integrated CMOS Hall probe (Bx, By, Bz) with the spatial resolution (By: 0.02x0.005x0.02mm3; Bx & Bz: 0.14x0.01x0.14mm3); high angular accuracy: 0.1°
- Up to 3 selectable magnetic field meas. ranges: 0.1T, 0.5T, 2T or 50mT, 0.2T, 1T
- Accuracy of magnetic field measurement: better than 0.1%
- DC and AC field measurements from DC to 2.5kHz (-3dB point); option: up to 25kHz
- Customizable, easy to use mapper software on MS Windows platform
- Color coded 2D and 3D isometric representation of the magnetic field
- Plug-in installation, configuration and calibration
- In-situ location of probe’s sensitive area with an accuracy of 2µm
- In-situ calibration of the Hall probe (offset, sensitivity and orthogonality error)
- In-situ calibration of the mechanical system geometry (planarity & orthogonality)
- Measurement of all three components of magnetic field (Bx, By, Bz), magnetic angle measurement, angle error, inhomogeneity, peak and zero value detection of magnetic encoders, number of magnetic poles counting, pole width calculation, pole distribution of multipole magnets and rotors, etc.
- Quality assessment tool in production, for assemblies such as single and multi-pole permanent magnets, rotors, encoders, loudspeakers, photocopier rollers and magnetic ribbons, smartphones, tablets, PCBs, etc.
- Detection of cracks in permanent magnets A
- C magnetic field mapping
- Development of magnet systems
- Application in laboratories and in production lines, etc.